Friday, June 2, 2017

Color, color, color!

I have been away from makeup blogging, but not from makeup.  Not EVER from makeup, and I have the products to prove it! I have realized that I am absolutely and positively addicted to makeup, and if I can save any of you from making bad purchases, well, then, I can kind of rationalize my spending, can't I? ;)

The other day I had a few minutes to kill, and so, of course, I decided to kill them at my local Ulta, one of my favorite beauty hunting grounds.  It is rare that I walk out of that store without making a purchase (I was going to say 'empty-handed', but then I thought that might imply shoplifting, which I am much too old and wise to do, so I changed it.)  My latest trip there was no exception.  With the advent of our lovely early summer weather here in the Chicago suburbs, I was feeling inspired to check out some new nail polish colors.  I was inspired right into choosing three new shades for my collection.

I am happy to say that the OPI display at my local Ulta has been changed.  It's still kind of awful, but it's not quite as awful as it was for the past year or so.  Now that I think about it, I have not been to any Ulta other than the one right in my town for quite some time, so I am not sure how the nail polishes are displayed at other stores, but in the store I shop in, for the past year or so, shopping for new nail colors at this particular location physically made my eyes hurt.  I don't know what they were thinking, but having incredibly bright white light glaring at you from up and behind the nail polishes made it incredibly difficult to see the actual colors in the bottles, plus it KILLED the eyes.  You seriously needed to be wearing your Ray Bans to even go near that display!  Perhaps enough shoppers sued the store for retina damage over the past year for them to change the display.  Woo Hoo!  The color names are also nicely printed on each row of color, so those of us with, ahem, aging eyes, can even read the names without whipping out our Old Lady readers!!!!  (Are we really fooling anyone, though?  Nope.  Didn't think so.  No danger of being mistaken for a twentysomething....thirtysomething....or, even, let's face it, a fortysomething.  Sigh)  And I absolutely adore the names OPI bestows on their colors.  I seriously believe that if the names were not so clever, they would not sell so much polish, but perhaps that's just me.....

On to the colors:  I picked up Princesses Rule, a lovely medium pink with a bit of shimmer; Chicago Champagne Toast, a medium rose; and Worth a Pretty Penny, a copper shimmer.  I think I like the Chicago Champagne Toast best, but they are all pretty.   I was going to post a picture, but I wanted to post a picture from my phone and it seems that I am really not here writing and this site can't be reached on my phone.....Hmmmm, will have to consult with one of my techie genius sons in law.

Have no fear, I will figure it out, and will be back with more musings. Sometime.  Hopefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment