Thursday, November 7, 2013

Nailed Again.....

It seems that lately all I am inspired to rhapsodize about is nails.....so here's another look at my less-than-lovely nails, but a VERY lovely nail color and brand. :)  I was going to write about Sinful Colors more than a month ago, and I am ashamed to say that my nails still bear the tattered remnants of  that manicure!  I had the thought to actually post a picture of what my nails look like today right beside the picture of my nails taken on October 13th, the day I was inspired to try the new color, but I love you, Dear Readers, and I shall spare you the sight.  

So many of us love nail colors and love to change those colors often, and, with the still-not-so-wonderful state of the economy, why not get the most bang for your buck?  Therefore, I present for your consideration Sinful Colors.  Many of you have probably already seen this brand at your local Walgreen's.  While I admit to owning more than my fair share of OPI and other 'prestige' brands of nail polish, I have to admit that Sinful Colors is pretty good stuff.  And at $1.99 vs. the $7.99 or more a bottle for OPI, or the astounding $15 a bottle for Butter London nail polish, what's not to like?

I guess that my most recent Sinful Colors purchase is properly called 'SinfulShine', and the bottle says it  it features 'Gel Tech'.  I am thinking that makes it a bit more long lasting than the regular Sinful Colors polish, and may explain why I still have a good bit of color left on my nails from a manicure on October 13th!  

Oh, dear, should someone writing a beauty blog admit to leaving nail color on for that long?  Well, I just have.  Sometimes there are just more important things to do than change your nail color.  BUT, changing your nail color can often be a lovely little pick-me-up when everything else seems too difficult. :)  

So, here's my latest lovely find:  Sinful Shine nail color in 'Spitfire'.  Actually, I find the name choice quite puzzling, as, being somewhat literal-minded, I would think that anything with the word 'fire' in it would skew at least a little bit to the red zone, but what do I know?  It's a lovely shade, and extremely long-wearing.



And with the holidays right around the corner, think of stocking stuffers.  I know that I am! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment